Hi! This week I bring you a topic that nobody usually talks about when thinking about recruitment processes. And that is, what are we supposed to do after a job interview?
It is necessary to remember that in this part of the recruitment process is when uncertainty and anxiety are present, it happens to all of us. That is why I am going to make a couple of recommendations with the steps to handle it in the best way.
We must keep in mind that all recruitment processes are different and when we are looking for a job we do not expect the irregularity of these processes, especially if we are starting.
After a first interview, it's important that you examine how you felt and above all which aspects you want to improve.
For example: It is always the case that during the interview we do not dare to ask about the recruitment process, this because we do not know how to do it or if we can do it, but it is absolutely necessary to ask about it.
What are the benefits of being informed about the recruitment process?
- Experience: You can gain knowledge on how recruitment processes are developed according to business sectors or job positions.
- Location: Knowing in which stage of the process you are, will help you feel less anxiety, since you don't have to suffer the uncertainty of not knowing which is the next stage.
- Follow-up: You can make a real follow-up of your candidacies, this point is important, because for this you must have requested a contact to the company, either for consultations or reports.
- Appreciation: With this contact you can get closer to the company and show even more interest by sending a thank you email after the interview, and the recommendation is to send it the day after your interview.
- Direct inquiry: You can also make use of this contact to request information on the status of your candidacy in case the established time to get a response has passed and you have not been contacted.
- Feedback: Likewise, through the contact you can request feedback, either regarding your resume or regarding the interview, this will definitely help you to improve and become the perfect candidate for future applications.
Don't be discouraged!
In the job search adventure, there are long roads to travel and much to learn, this requires developing patience, which we know does not happen overnight but little by little you can build it.
You should always remember this, as it may happen that you do not get an answer or you get lost in the application process, but it is something normal that has not happened to everyone and having it in mind helps you deal with the anguish of not getting results as soon as we all want.
Continue in your search for the perfect job, keep applying to all the offers you see that you meet the requirements, become an expert in your own recruitment process.
I assure you that you will find what you are looking for as long as you work hard and understand that it is a process that takes time.
Remember that you can achieve whatever you set your mind to, the world needs your potential and you need to exploit it!
Founded in 2012 by Allan Porras, 4Geeks is a global software engineering and revenue growth consulting firm for Fortune 500, Global 2000 and fast-growing SMBs. Provides top solutions to multiple industries including Retail, Healthcare, Banking & Financial Services, B2B SaaS, Manufacturing and Education. HQ in the USA, and delivery centers across Latin America.